Writing Winning Resumes and Cover Letters
Descripción del Curso
After completing this course, you will be able to:
1. Identify the real purpose of a resume.
2. Identify relevant competencies for a position.
3. Adapt your resumes to Applicant Tracking Systems (resume screening software).
4. Write powerful and convincing accomplishment statements using your accomplishments inventory to strategically assemble the most relevant evidence of competency for a specific position.
5. Use the resume skills tier method to strengthen your resume.
6. Write summary sections and objective statements aligned to a job position.
7. Take advantage of web resources to find power language for your resume.
8. Produce a strong resume in a format that is suitable both to your background and the position you're interested in.
9. Produce strong cover letters that use A.I.D.A. to help you achieve your career goals.
10. Produce effective follow-up letters that help you stand out from the competition.