Water Resources and Watershed Management
This four (4) credit, 15 weeks MOOCs course is being offered for Post Graduate students of Sciences and other faculties. This course is also open to water professionals and concerned citizens.
There is a total of 40 modules in this course. These modules are broadly divided into four major categories. They cover, Basics of Hydrology, Water quality issues, Tools and techniques necessary for managing water resources and watersheds, and finally the water resources' societal and environmental aspects.
- To develop an understanding of the availability and occurrence of freshwater, its uses, and problems related to water resources management.
- To introduce the various tools and techniques for application in Integrated Water Resources Management.
- To promote awareness for life-long learning and introduce them to ethics and codes of professional practice in water resources management.
- This course is designed to provide a basic understanding of the impact of water and water-related issues in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- We anticipate that this course will help the participants appreciate water's importance as a precious resource.
- It will provide the necessary knowledge and skills required for managing water resources.
You are welcome to join this free course to learn more about managing our water resources and solve societal and environmental woes.