Visual Basic Programming: Classes and Collections
- Dates and Advanced Strings
- In this module, we continue our adventure coding! We will build on our skills by working with dates and time values. We will expand our abilities by looking at how to work with advance string operations. Lastly we will explore was to format values for output.
- Modeling Classes
- In this module, we continue building out our programming toolset by adding the ability to abstract code and data. We begin to look at how classes are used to store both data and the operations on the data. In this module, we will not program, but we will model the classes in the Unified Modeling Language (UML). UML is a general-purpose, developmental, modeling language in the field of software engineering that is intended to provide a standard way to visualize the design of a system
- Developing Classes
- In this module, we continue looking at abstraction utilizing classes. We will implement parts of the models we developed in the previous module. In this module we will implement the individual classes and one-to-one has-a relationships. In future modules we will implement the one-to-many has-a relationships and is-a relationships.
- In this module, we add the ability to store multiple values in a single variable. We look at both low-level arrays and a few higher-level data structures used to store multiple variables. We will utilize the collections to implement classes with one-to-many has-a relationships we discussed in our previous modeling module.