Understanding the Dark Side of Human Nature
<p>Explore the dark side of our human nature through the lenses of philosophy, theology, and science, guided by an expert with a global perspective.</p> Topics Covered:
- 1: What Do We Mean by the “Dark Side”?
- 2: Our Fundamental Nature: Good or Evil?
- 3: What Is Evil?
- 4: Moral Monsters and Evil Personhood
- 5: Evil and Responsibility
- 6: Sin: Original and Otherwise
- 7: Dark Thoughts and Desires
- 8: Suffering and Its Causes
- 9: The Problem of Expectation and Desire
- 10: The Fear of Death
- 11: Existential Anxiety and the Courage to Be
- 12: The Goodness of Grief
- 13: Homo necans: Why Do We Kill?
- 14: Nightmares and the Dream Self
- 15: Varieties of Self-Deception
- 16: Varieties of Ignorance
- 17: Weakness of Will
- 18: Luck and the Limits of Blame
- 19: Victim Blaming and the Just-World Hypothesis
- 20: Retribution and Revenge
- 21: Forgiveness and Redemption
- 22: The Elimination of Anger
- 23: Being Peaceful in a Troubled World
- 24: The Allure of the Dark Side