For years I've been teaching Ableton Live in the college classroom. As a University Professor, my classes are sought after, and, frankly, expensive. I believe Ableton Live can be learned by anyone, and cost shouldn't be a barrier. This class uses the same outline and syllabus I've used in my college classes for years, at a fraction of the cost.
This is Part 2: Recording and Warping
In this class, we cover everything when it comes to recording in Ableton Live - including Recording techniques in general.
- Recording Hardware Needs
- Recording Hardware Setup
- Microphone Types and Options
- Microphone Purchasing Tips
- Microphone Placement
- Audio Interface Needs
- Audio Interface Purchasing Tips
- Single and Multitrack Recording
- MIDI Hardware Needs
- MIDI Hardware Purchasing Tips
- MIDI Setup
- MIDI Recording
- ...and much more!
I will be making 6 (six!) complete classes in order to bring you the most comprehensive manual on Ableton Live production techniques ever created. Each class has Sets, sessions, and experiments for you to try on your own and follow along with.
And of course, once you sign up any part, you automatically get huge discounts for all the upcoming parts (the next 5!) of this class.
You will not have another opportunity to learn Ableton Live in a more comprehensive way that this. Start here.
J. Anthony Allen is an Ableton Certified Trainer and a Ph.D. in Music Composition and master of Electronic Sounds. His music has been heard internationally in film, radio, video games, and industrial sound, as well as the concert hall and theater.
He currently is a professor at Augsburg University and the CEO of Slam Academy in Minneapolis.
Praise for other classes by J. Anthony Allen:
- "Dr Allen does it again with his music theory for electronic musicians series. This course really opened up everything I learned from the 1st section and now I understand more about the composition side of things for music. I highly highly recommend this course to anyone!!! Really opened my eyes to many things I wasn't aware of."
- "The Best Teacher Ever, who makes you understand the ins & outs of Music Theory by all mean without giving what you don't want to know."
- "I have never had any formal training in music at all. Trying to learn all the notes and how everything translated was a serious challenge. After going through this class, Dr. J has totally brought down the barriers. The content was very useful and was easy to grasp for me."