The Power of Markets I: The Basics of Supply and Demand and Consumer Behavior
- Week 1 - Supply and Demand
- Basic Assumptions About Market Participants and the Concept of Opportunity Cost. The Determinants of Demand and Supply.
- Week 2 - Supply and Demand
- Using the Supply-Demand Framework to Predict and Explain Market Outcomes as well as to Show the Impacts of Government Intervention. Some Key Elasticities of Demand and Supply.
- Week 3 - Consumer Choice
- Explaining Consumer Choice Through Analyzing Consumer Preferences and Budget Constraints.
- Week 4 - Consumer Choice and the Benefits of Exchange
- Using Consumer Choice Theory to Analyze Investor Choice as well as Policies Such as ObamaCare and School Choice. Promoting Efficiency in the Distribution of Goods.