The Little Stuff: Energy, Cells, and Genetics
- Cells Gone Wild: Cancer
- In this module, we will explore cell biology with particular attention to one application of cell biology: cancer.
- Energy: From The Sun to Your Granola Bar
- In this module, we will discuss energy, including why the plants are the basis for (most) of life on earth. We will also examine how we can harness these fundamental biochemical reactions for making certain foods and beverages, such as bread and beer.
- Mom Genes: DNA, Genetics, and Parenthood
- In this module, we will explore the basics of genetics, including a discussion of epigenetics.
- Oh, Brave New World
- In this module, we will explore new genetic technologies, with a particular eye to the ethical and moral implications of these technologies.