Skip to content
The Addicted Brain
- The Background & Overview of Drug Use
- In this first week, we'll explore drug abuse, types of addictions, and the behaviors associated with them.
- Drugs & How the Brain Works
- In this second week, we'll get a glimpse at why certain drugs are addicting and how they affect different regions of the brain.
- Classes of Drugs
- In this third week, we'll take a deep dive into the different types of drugs and their individual effects.
- Classes of Drugs with Animal Models
- In this fourth week, we'll take a look at the drug self-administration model in animals and the implications of these results.
- Neurotransmission & Brain Imaging
- In this fifth week, we'll consider synaptic transmission and how drugs alter it.
- Vulnerability: Drug Use, Abuse, & Prevention
- In this sixth week, we'll have the chance to consider the concept of vulnerability and the value and effectiveness of treatment.
- Treatment, Policy, & Decriminalization
- In this seventh week, we'll explore drug treatment and government drug policies that exist.
- Drugs & Society
- In this final week, we'll explore the recent opioid epidemic as well as the topic of medical and recreational marijuana.