Skip to content
- Module I: From Start to Finish
- This module will help you acquire knowledge about technical writing, which deals with complex topics in precise ways. The module covers issues related to workplace research that you will have to conduct as a technical writer. Regardless of which technique you use, your challenge will be to sort the relevant information from the irrelevant, and the accurate from the bogus. The module focuses on audience, purpose, and measures of excellence in technical documents. In addition, you will learn what it means to be a good technical communicator.
The references included at the end this module will serve as a perfect complement to the information described in the video lectures.
- Module II: Organizing the Information
- In this Module, you will learn how to use visuals to communicate a large amount of information quickly and efficiently. The Module provides general guidelines for using graphical tools that you can use to design visuals with the output process of the report in mind. In addition, you will learn how to define a term using various techniques of extended definitions. The Module also provides guidelines for effective planning of technical report writing.
- Module III: Researching Your Subject
- This module will help you develop an enhanced understanding of such types of technical documentation as feasibility and recommendation reports, instructions as well as laboratory research. The module covers issues related to various types of academic and workplace research. The focus is on acquiring the best available information – the most accurate, most unbiased, most comprehensive, and most current.
- Module IV: Capstone Project