Skip to content
Supply Chain Operations
- Lean Operations and Theory of Constraints
- Welcome to the exciting world of operations! This module introduces you to the professor who is teaching the courses in the Supply Chain Management Specialization. You will also discover the essential tools that help make operations better. By the end of this module, you'll know what to expect in the course and hopefully be as excited to learn about Supply Chain Operations as I will be to teach you. In addition, you will understand the major goals of optimizing Operations. You will also be able to recall the major foundations of Lean Thinking and the Theory of Constraints.
- Lean Inventory
- In Lean Inventory, we will focus on the application of lean principles to a core concern of Supply Chain Management - Inventory. By the end of this module, you'll know how to calculate the Economic Order Quantity, which is an popular method of managing inventory. In addition, you will be able to quantify the uncertainty of demand and logistical execution to select the right level of safety stock. Finally, you will be able to determine the size of a Kanban bin by calculating lead-time-demand.
- Six Sigma
- Six Sigma is an overview of the Six Sigma Quality System. We start by reviewing the different quality systems that were popular in the past. The main takeaway is an understanding of the DMAIC methodology. By the end of this module, you will be able to apply the DMAIC methodology to improve a process.
- Lean Six Sigma
- In Lean Six Sigma, you will apply all the tools you learned in this course to a project of your choosing. You will be able to show that you not only mastered the lean tools, but also the six sigma methodology to improve processes. After completing this module, you will not only have a better process, but also the ability to improve any process in a systematic manner.