Duration: 40 Hours, 15 Weeks
Is Supply Chain an Integral Part of Business Processes?
It is the question that needs to be answered and understood before you choose this course. Imagine you are buying a computer, what do you look for and want? You look for “Intel inside”, standardized configurations and compatibility but buy a less expensive computer that is unique and “just for myself” one.
In today’s hypercompetitive market space, supply-side commoditization and demand-side customization is the challenge faced by many organizations. So how can a Corporate meet this expectation of a customer that is you?The experience of successful brands indicates that they integrate business processes of demand management and supply chain management to the customer lifecycle. So, supply chain management is a core activity that has a high impact on efficiency and productivity in an organization.
The other questions you would like to get answers for would be1. At what level of management or which functional
manager should know about the supply chain?The knowledge of the supply chain is essential for all managers as it integrates all business processes that startfrom receiving inbound products to shipping outbound orders.2. Is supply chain management applicable for only
No, it is applicable for all organizations and the best supply chain practices can be learnt from Mumbai Dabbawalas.So, my dear learners, I welcome you all as future Entrepreneurs and Managers to the course in Supply Chain Management.
Learning Goals:The learning goals are to
- Understand the tactics to manage the interactions of the business functions.
- Gain insights on demand management function and its integration with the supply chain.
- Strategize on the enterprise knowledge and resources across the supply chain activities.
Course Objectives:The objective of the course is to impart knowledge and competencies for:
- Designing supply chain strategies.
- Recognizing supply chain integration to support products in the various product lifecycle.
- Balancing logistics, manufacturing, and inventory policies with demand and customer satisfaction.
- Leveraging organizational capabilities and resources across supply chain business processes.
- Designing lean but agile supply chains that integrate green initiatives.
- Implementing e-supply chain management systems.
- Supply chain management practices and strategies.
- Integrated model of Customer Lifecycle, Demand Management, and Supply Chain Management.
- Supply chain forecasting - techniques and tools.
- Supply chain processes (procurement and sourcing, transportation and distribution, inventory management,manufacturing and operations).
- Integration of supply chain processes.
- Leveraging cost and risk through supply chain management systems.
- Lean and agile supply chain models.
- Green supply chain initiatives and practices.
- Supply chain analytics and blockchain technology.
- Supply chain management systems and its integration with Enterprise Resource Planning and CustomerRelationship Management.
Pedagogy:The learning experience will include lectures, case studies, simulated games, and exercises.
I welcome you all to be a part of this learning to gain insights and competencies in Supply Chain Management and be successful in implementing it in your future organizational activities.