Skip to content
Supply Chain Logistics
- Welcome to the exciting world of logistics! We are going to start by taking a look at transportation. But before we get there, I would like to introduce you to myself. We will cover the different modes of transportation: motor freight, air freight, intermodal, and express delivery. After completing this module, you'll be able to weigh the benefits and drawbacks of different transportation modes. Furthermore, you will demonstrate how transportation systems use different modes to facilitate the efficient movement of goods from origin to destination. Lastly, you will be able to recognize what transportation modes were used by a shipping company just by looking at the tracking statement.
- Warehousing and Inventory Management
- This module introduces you to warehousing and inventory management. After completing this module, you will be able to design your of warehousing facility. You will also understand the different types of inventory and why they are important to ensure customers can find the products they are looking for.
- Logistics Network
- This module builds on the previously covered building blocks of logistics networks and reviews the implications of putting together a logistics network. After completing this module, you will be ready to tackle the final exam and able to design your own logistics network and understand the implications of logistics decisions on the overall satisfaction of our customers.
- Final Exam
- This module builds on the previously covered transportation, warehousing, and inventory. You will be able to appreciate the implications of putting together a logistics network. Furthermore, you will put all of the things into practice that we covered in the previous weeks. After completing this module, you will have shown that you master the basics of logistics and are able to design your own logistics network.