Strategies for Converting and Retaining Customers Online
- Introduction to Search Engine Marketing
- Welcome to Module 1: Introduction to Search Engine Marketing. In this module, we will cover the terminology and foundational concepts associated with Search Engine Marketing or SEM. We will review the tactics and strategies that will make your website more visible on the Internet, and how to use Search Engine Optimization and Keywords to attract new consumers and grow your customer base.
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Welcome to Module 2: Pay-Per-Click (PPC) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO). In this module, we will explore aspects of the PPC online marketing strategy. We will cover the main differences between paid and organic search engine optimization models, and how each model will affect the search results your potential customers will find. Finally, we will use this knowledge to weigh the pros and cons of each strategy and discuss how to decide which one is best for your business or website.
- Landing Pages
- Welcome to Module 3: Landing Pages. In this module, we will explore the elements of an effective landing page and which aspects to focus on for successful conversion. We will review what mistakes to avoid when building a landing page and common problems to consider. And finally, we will build on the concepts you have learned in the previous modules to draw connections between various search engine marketing models and how they influence landing pages in terms of advertisement rankings and quality scores.
- Conversion and Retention
- Welcome to Module 4: Conversion and Retention. In this module, you will begin to think about conversion as a journey that the customer takes. You will also study how you can influence this journey with a creative digital strategy. You will then discuss tactics for achieving audience conversion before moving onto a lesson about the final step in the process: retention. You will learn why retention is so important in a sales strategy and the digital tactics that contribute to retaining customers. Finally, you will study microsites and how they can be instrumental in reaching the target niche audiences for your website or business.