- Marketing and Branding The Skilled Self
- Welcome to Week 1! The introductory module takes you through all stages of developing and strengthening the emotional component of your career brand. In this week, you will learn how to use strategic marketing models and techniques for designing and enhancing your professional image. You’ll continue exercising in Career Development Lab and learn how to develop an effective tool (“The Showcaser”) for gathering and organizing artifacts of your mastery in performing critical tasks in your chosen field and then communicating them to target audiences. You will also develop a realistic brand management metric (“The Career Brand Equity Builder”) and learn how to use it for self-marketing and personal branding.
Your instructors for this week are Amy Giaculli and Val Chukhlomin.
- Self-Marketing Strategies and Tactics
- Welcome to Week 2! In this week, you will learn how to use marketing communication strategies, such as advertising, promotion, public relations, and direct marketing, for self-marketing. You will implement strategic marketing planning for individual career development and engage in creating your own strategic self-marketing plan and develop strategies for communicating it to perspective employers. You’ll also examine how to create and use digital artifacts to demonstrate your level of proficiency in performing critical tasks related to a particular job. As a result, you’ll enhance your ability to showcase your mastery in performing required soft skills to prospective employers and other interested parties. Your instructor for this week is John Beckem.
- Personal Branding Strategies and Tactics
- Welcome to Week 3! In this week, you will obtain a more complete understanding of personal branding, engage in creating an effective and unique personal brand, and plan steps and strategies for strategic personal branding. You’ll understand how building a professional image contributes to developing a strong career brand and devise strategies for managing professional reputation and develop an improved understanding of impression management. In addition, you’ll learn how to create personal branding statements and integrate social networking into your career branding. Your instructor for this week is Michele Forte.
- Course Review
- Welcome to Week 4! In this week, you will watch the Course Review video, where we summarize what you have learned throughout the course and entire specialization. You will also take the end-of-the-course survey and the final quiz. You instructors for this week are Amy Giaculli and Val Chukhlomin.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the course and we hope you will be able to implement the different tools and skills you have acquired throughout the course