Strategic Management: From Intuition to Insight
THEME 1: UNPACKING THE PROCESS OF STRATEGY
Week 1: Strategy Concept
- Strategy Definitions : Understand the etymological origins of the concept and review key definitions.
- Strategy Evolution : Explore the evolution of strategic thinking.
Week 2: Strategy Process
- Strategy Models : Discuss the dominant perception of strategy process and its limitations.
- Strategy Schools : Distinguish between a conception of strategy as design and of strategy as emergence.
THEME 2: ANALYZING INDUSTRY STRUCTURES
Week 3: Industry Analysis
- Market-Based View : Learn about the theoretical foundations of the MBV and the process of industry analysis.
- Five Forces : Review and apply Porter’s model of industry analysis.
Week 4: Strategic Group Analysis
- Strategic Segmentation : Understand how to identify clusters of strategically similar firms within one industry.
- Key Success Factors : Learn how to identify key success factors for strategic groups.
THEME 3: DEVELOPING INTERNAL RESOURCES
Week 5: Internal Resources
- Resource-Based View : Learn about the theoretical foundations of the RBV and compare it to the MBV.
- Resource Analysis : Become familiar with the way in which resources and capabilities can be analyzed. systematically.
Week 6: Dynamic Capabilities
- Dynamic Capability View : Introduce and explicate the concept of dynamic capabilities and its value for strategic management.
- Capability Development: Identify ways to strengthen sensing, seizing and reconfiguring capabilities.
- Fecha Incio:25/01/2023
- Idioma: Inglés
- Universidad: RWTH Aachen University
- Profesores: Torsten-Oliver Salge
- Certificado: No