Storytelling for Social Change
Descripción del Curso
How can storytelling promote social change?
This course develops skills for using stories to deliver messages that affect audiences and shape attitudes for social change. Learn how building empathy and developing characters can offer multiple perspectives on complex problems. Social change happens when listeners or viewers identify with messages delivered through a protagonist they identify with. Theatre artists and professional storytellers offer expertise about how to craft a story that develops empathy and delivers impact.
You will watch video interviews with storytelling experts, view performances, and write your own story for social change. See how stories told from diverse perspectives contribute to understanding new perspectives about pertinent world issues. Learn how effective storytelling can be your tool for change.
This course is for anyone who wants to effectively tell an impactful story. This includes (but is not limited to):
Please check out the course preview video in YouTube!
- Professionals working in not-for-profit or commercial sectors
- Entertainment industry development teams
- Writers and arts enthusiasts
- Community workers and social activists
- Marketing and development teams
- Educators and public speakers
- Customer service representatives