Storying the Self: Telling our Stories
- Public & Private Stories
- Many factors go into whether and how we share aspects of ourselves. This week we'll explore the concepts of a 'soft launch' and 'soft landing' that can encourage meaningful growth and risk-taking in the ways that will help you move forward in leadership and creative contexts.
- How Stories Shift, How they Stay the Same
- Our stories are re-shaped and evolving all the time, both personally and culturally. We’re not fixed and neither are our experiences. This week we'll hear about the ways stories passed down through generations shift and evolve, and consider these shifts in our own lives.
- Practicing Giving & Receiving Feedback
- Giving and receiving feedback can be vulnerable, joyful, and can deepen relationships, even when there is room and respect to navigate conflict or differences. This week we are exploring micro-strategies for giving and receiving feedback in leadership and creative contexts in ways that are mindful of social identities and exisiting relationships.
- Final Course Project: Polish & Share
- As the final course project, you'll choose one of your creative pieces or leadership stories to develop further and share publicly. This could be a story or piece you have developed on your own, or something you created based on one of the course prompts. The final assignment guides you through the process of planning to share this story of yourself with others in ways that feel supportive and meaningful.