Skip to content
Six Sigma Principles
- Six Sigma Foundations, Principles, Roles and Responsibilities
- Welcome to the Six Sigma Yellow Belt Specialization! Six Sigma skills are widely sought by employers both nationally and internationally. These skills help to improve business processes and performance. Your team of instructors, Dr. Bill Bailey, Dr. David Cook, Dr. Christine Scherrer, and Dr. Gregory Wiles, currently work in the College of Engineering and Engineering Technology at Kennesaw State University. They have collaborated to create a specialization that is all encompassing of the Six Sigma methodologies for both Yellow and Green belt. Completion of this specialization will provide you with the knowledge to either continue to full Six Sigma certification or simply advance your knowledge professionally. In this module you will be introduced to the foundations of Six Sigma, the purpose of lean, and the value to the organization as a whole.
- Quality Tools and Six Sigma Metrics
- In this module Dr. Bill Bailey will introduce you to the different types of quality tools as well as important Six Sigma metrics that can be used throughout the DMAIC process. Quality tools and metrics are a critical tool for process improvement. This module will introduce you to some of the most common quality tools as well as the most important Six Sigma metrics.
- Team Basics
- Teamwork is an essential component of successful quality improvement work. Many successful organizations have leaders who work in teams. In this module you will learn about why teams are so important to the Six Sigma process, the different types of teams and their different objectives, the different stages of team development, decision making methods for use in teams, and team communication methods.
- Lean Foundations and Principles
- In this module you will be introduced to the purpose of lean and its methodologies. You will learn about the value of lean to an organization. This module will build off of what you have learned in the previous modules and help you to better understand how to better serve customers.