Skip to content
Sit Less, Get Active
- Welcome to Sit Less, Get Active 1
- Defining, measuring and getting started with physical activity
- Welcome to the first week of the Sit Less, Get Active journey! Watch the exciting videos and learn the basics about physical activity and sedentariness; how much physical activity we should be doing; how to monitor your physical activity levels and set physical activity goals; and how to judge how credible the resources for physical activity are. Use the opportunity to engage with others by participating in discussion forums. Join the discussion on barriers and facilitators to physical activity, as we would love to learn more about what helps you or makes it difficult for you to be active daily. Also, share and discuss with us your favourite physical activity resources.Test your knowledge through practice or weekly quizzes and also practice monitoring your own physical activity and setting physical activity goals. Happy Learning! Sit Less, Get Active Team
- Sit less, get active wherever you are!
- We hope you enjoyed the videos and activities in Week 1. If you haven’t started your assignments, now is the great time to start with the week of monitoring your physical activity and goal setting. This week we will give you tips and suggestions on how to be more active in your neighbourhood, at work, home and school, and how to travel actively to destinations. Discuss with others about what helps you and what keeps you from being active in your neighbourhood or at work. Also, check out additional tips in the optional readings. We hope these videos, tasks and additional readings will help you to complete the practice quizzes and a weekly quiz successfully. As always, happy learning! Sit Less, Get Active Team.
- Sit less, get active wherever you are!: Lesson Choices
- Choice 1: If you measured step count, complete this assignment | Choice 2: If you used a diary, complete this assignment
- Making physical activity a lifelong habit for you and others
- Week 3 is starting and bringing with itself new great videos and activities. If you have never heard about the pelvic floor, check out the video on physical activity in pregnancy. Guest speaker Elaine Miller, a physiotherapist and a stand-up comedian, will help you learn more about the pelvic floor and how to strengthen it. Other videos this week will tell you about what leisure centres have to offer, how dancing can help us be more active, how we can make physical activity a habit, and how we can inspire others to sit less and be more active. Remember to track your weekly steps and record them in the assignment. Also, have you set yourself some SMART goals? We encourage you to stay with us after these 3 weeks and get an additional dose of physical activity promotion. We will be sending you weekly physical activity promotional messages and monthly short inspirational videos for 6 months to help you stay active. You can also follow us on Twitter @GetActiveMOOC - Happy Learning! Sit Less, Get Active Team