Setting Expectations & Assessing Performance Issues
- Course Overview & Designing Performance Expectations
- This module provides an overview of the entire course and then moves into talking about performance expectations. We'll discuss the three primary constructs of performance: process, people, and practice, learn what elements make effective mission and vision statements, and begin talking about creating effective performance expectations for your team members. You will also learn how to define clear expectations for team members and compare expectations and standards.
- Key Performance Indicators and Accountability
- We now have a fundamental understanding of drivers and expectations for organizations, teams, and individuals. It's now time to turn to the subject of accountability. We'll begin by discussing key performance indicators or KPIs, how to align KPIs with individual goals and commitments, and end by defining what is meant by accountability along with some strategies to employ when having accountability conversations with employees.
- Diagnosing and Addressing Performance Gaps
- In this module you will learn how to detect and resolve performance gaps for members of your teams. You'll learn about a process called "Coaching Algebra," and explore some effective strategies for coaching both skill set and mindset performance gaps.
- Specialization Milestone 1: Define Your Coaching Philosophy
- In the final module of this course, you are going to complete your first specialization milestone by defining your own coaching philosophy. This will allow you to reflect on everything you've learned in these first 2 courses and determine, for yourself, your approach to coaching your employees.