Service Orchestration and Choreography on Google Cloud
- Welcome to "Service Orchestration and Choreography on Google Cloud." This course introduces you to microservices, event-driven applications, and the use of service choreography and orchestration on Google Cloud. Through a combination of lectures, hands-on labs, and supplemental materials, you will learn about Google Cloud's services that enable application integration and service communication: Workflows, Eventarc, Cloud Tasks, and Cloud Scheduler.
- Introduction to Microservices
- This module introduces you to microservices and discusses the benefits and challenges of using a microservices architecture for your applications.
- Event-Driven Applications
- This module introduces events and event-driven applications and discusses the benefits of choosing an event-driven architecture for your microservices applications.
- Choreography and Orchestration
- This module introduces two effective patterns for inter-service communication: choreography and orchestration. Eventarc uses the choreography pattern, which allows independent services to perform tasks when events are received. Workflows uses orchestration, and acts as a central orchestrator of the interactions between the services. You learn how Workflows, Eventarc, Cloud Tasks, and Cloud Scheduler can be used to build powerful microservices applications on Google Cloud.