In this course, you will learn how to do all the SEO research, planning and optimization needed for a new website. This course is structured as a guided project, I'll spend more time showing you how to do things than teaching the theory behind it. Each section and video is a bite-size chunk of the project that you can complete between videos.
You will be guided through the process of planning SEO elements for a new website, including:
- Perform keyword research
- Create keyword themes and groups
- Plan out a page inventory and site map
- Optimize URLs, and metadata
- Optimize on-page content
- Audit and Launch a new site
This course is designed for marketers and entrepreneurs at small businesses and startups. If you are the one person responsible for a new website, this course is perfect for you. You don’t need to be an SEO expert, or even have any SEO experience to be successful.
Two templates are provided for you to help structure your work. The first is a Google Sheet workbook with pre-formatted tabs and tables to put your data and research. I've included both a blank and populated version of this workbook. The second document is a copy doc, this will be used to work with copywriters and designers to create the content of each page, this document will have one example page populated for reference. Throughout the course we use three free tools:
- Google Keyword Planner
- Merkle’s Search Engine Results Page (SERP) Simulator
The key benefits and outcomes of this course will be:
- Understand how potential customers are searching for your products and services
- Create an optimized page inventory for your new website
- Create a content creation framework to work with designers and copywriters