Security Governance & Compliance
- Introduction to Cybersecurity
- Welcome to the first module of Security Governance & Compliance. This course is also the first of three courses in the Introduction to Cybersecurity & Risk Management specialization. In this module we introduce the field of cybersecurity and the topics that will be covered over the duration of this certificate program. This module's lectures will also cover the CIA triad, which is a framework for understanding the fundamental goals of cybersecurity. Lastly, we will define and practice applying foundational cybersecurity terminology.
- Security Governance
- Welcome back! In this module we dive deeper into the processes of security governance. Despite a constant stream of security breaches, lawsuits, FTC rulings, and headlines, the market still does not reward security for security's sake. Every decision to spend money on security is a decision to not invest money in other activities that drive the bottom line. The role of security governance is to create a security strategy that aligns with the "main thing" a business does, whatever that may be.
- Legal & Regulatory Compliance
- Welcome back! Alignment within an organization happens in many ways. This includes the culture of an organization, its risk tolerance, and overall market industry conditions. However, most importantly of all of these, is the surrounding legal and regulatory landscape. In this module we will investigate legal and regulatory compliance.
- Policies, Standards, & Procedures
- Welcome to the fourth and final module for this course! As we move further down the pyramid of governance, we enter into the territory of policies, standards, and procedures. In this module we will define and differentiate between each of these concepts and processes. Lastly, in the peer-graded activity you will have the opportunity to apply this knowledge to a real world case study.