Skip to content
SAS Macro Language
- In this module you'll get an overview of this course and set up your practice files. Then you'll explore macro programming and learn what the macro facility will enable you to do and why it can make your job as a SAS programmer easier.
- SAS Macro Facility
- In this module, you learn how SAS processes code behind the scenes. This is important because mastering the SAS macro facility is only possible if you understand how macro language elements impact this processing. You also learn how to create and use macro variables to dynamically modify text in a program.
- Storing and Processing Text
- In this module, you learn more about storing and processing text. You learn to use macro functions to manipulate text, and how to use both PROC SQL and the DATA step to create macro variables based on values read from your data. You also learn how to use indirect referencing to look up a macro variable's value based on another macro variable.
- Working with Macro Programs
- In this module, you learn to write and call macro programs to generate SAS code based on input values. You also learn about macro variable scope - where macro variables are stored and how long they are available. Finally you learn about conditionally generating and processing code using macro IF/THEN statements, and iterative processing with macro DO loops.
- Developing Macro Applications
- In this module you learn how to store and retrieve macros so they are available in any SAS session. You also learn to build data-driven macro applications that dynamically generate SAS code based on values in your data. Finally, you learn to build safety precautions and documentation into your macro applications so that they correct themselves if problems occur, or provide helpful messages to direct the user to a resolution.
- Case Study (Honors) and Certification Practice Exam
- In this case study, you solve a real-world business problem by applying concepts that you learned in this course.