Realising Career Potential: Rethinking Disability
Descripción del Curso
Discover how rehabilitation counsellors help individuals, employers and society
Unemployment - whether due to social disadvantage, chronic disease, injury or disability - is affecting an increasing number of individuals and communities across the globe.
This online course looks at the benefits of helping people with disadvantage or disability participate in work and society to realise their full potential.
Explore common misconceptions and stereotypes perpetuated by the medical model of disability and discover how Rehabilitation Counsellors support meaningful vocational decision making for all.
This course is designed for:
- rehabilition counsellors and allied health professionals in related disciplines, such as physiotherapy, exercise physiology, occupational therapy, human resources, social work or psychology
- people with disabilities, work-related injuries or social disadvantage
- professionals in government on policy relating to employment, disability and social welfare
- professionals in trade unions and industrial relations
- professionals in personal injury insurance.
No prior experience or qualification in rehabilitation counselling are required.