Qualitative Research Methods: Conversational Interviewing
Descripción del Curso
We will cover the following topics:
- The Science of Social Science
- What is Social Science?
- How does Social Science differ from the physical sciences?
- The Process of Qualitative Research
- How does Qualitative Research differ from Quantitative Research?
- What is Fieldwork?
- Conversational Interviewing and it's use in research
- Establishing Validity in Qualitative Research
- What are the criteria for validity when conducting Qualitative Research?
- What are the tests for validity?
- Conducting Conversational Interviews
- Interviewing as Data Collection
- Drafting an Interview Protocol
- Interviewing Techniques
- Interview Examples & Discussion
- Demostratons of Good and Bad interview techniqueswith detailed discussion
- Logistics and Ethical Concerns
- Logistics of Conducting Interviews: Finding & Inviting Subjects, Recording Interviews, etc
- Ethics & Human Subject Research