Skip to content
Psychology of Popularity
- How is Popularity Affecting Your Life as an Adult?
- We will review how popularity is changing your social information processing and DNA expression.
- How Do We Study Popularity Scientifically?
- We will discuss the ways that we have identified different subgroups of kids and adults who have
different popularity profiles.
- Why are Some People More Popular Than Others? (Part 1)
- We will discuss what behaviors popular people engage in, and what types of specific behaviors make
people unpopular almost immediately. Implications for adult relationships will be discussed.
- Why are Some People More Popular Than Others? (Part 2)
- We will review why facial and body attractiveness plays a role in popularity and how parents can make
their children more popular.
- How Does Popularity Change Our Mood, Feelings, and Behaviors? (Part 1)
- We will discuss recent findings regarding the links between popularity and psychopathology.
- How Does Popularity Change Our Mood, Feelings, and Behaviors? (Part 2)
- We will review why popular people really do have better skills and life outcomes compared to others.