Privacy Law and Data Protection
- Privacy: Legal Issues, Landscape & Chronology
- We begin our study of privacy and data protection with a brief look at the development of privacy law in the U.S. Then we examine the Fair Information Principles that provide the foundation of modern privacy and data protection programs.
- How does a privacy law actually operate? This module looks at privacy and data protection in action, specifically using HIPAA as the framework.
- Security & Breach Notification
- What is data protection actually protecting us from? This module looks at the threats to data security and the processes that exist for dealing with a data breach.
- Other Ways that Privacy is Regulated
- As massive privacy breaches continue to happen, more regulatory bodies are taking on privacy concerns. This module examines the important role of the Federal Trade Commission, and concludes with a close look at the General Data Protection Regulation recently passed by the European Union.