Presentations: Speaking so that People Listen
- Presentation Introductions
- This is the second course in the Learn English: Advanced Speaking and Listening specialization. In this class, you will learn about giving an effective speech for an American classroom or organization. Learning the skills that effective speakers depend on will give you confidence in speaking in formal situations like classroom presentations. In this first week, you will learn about different types of presentations and start learning about presentation structure.
- What to Include in a Speech
- This week, we'll focus on the body of your presentation. This is where the important information is found, so it's important to present it effectively. Again, this week, you'll get a chance to practice the skills you learn and record yourself making a speech.
- Preparing to Present
- This week, you will learn some other tips for giving a good presentation in an American classroom business setting. You'll learn what to do before the presentation as well as during the presentation in order to be successful. Once again, you'll be able to demonstrate your skills and submit a video of your own presentation.
- Other Tips for Presenting
- Even if you write a great speech, there are more things to think about to ensure you have a great presentation. This week you'll learn about other ways to ensure you give a great speech. You'll have one more opportunity to give a speech and share the video of it for feedback from your peers.