Poverty & Population: How Demographics Shape Policy
- Populations, income, poverty and policy
- This module will remind the reader of basic social welfare concepts: population variables, earning, income, assets as well as inflation, unemployment and the minimum wage.
- Causes of Poverty and Discrimination
- This module will probe the most important social welfare programs in moderns societies, the workplace and will evaluate who is advantaged and who is disadvantaged and why
- Gender, Race and oppression
- In this module, the learner will differentiate the different measures of poverty, understand the significance of measuring poverty and question the place of various demographic groups in their relative poverty
- Formulating social policy in the U.S.
- In this module, the learner will review the US Government structure and process and explain how policies are formulated using the legislative structure.