- Module 1: Talking About Cafés and Restaurants
- This module is all about going out and having fun at cafés and restaurants. You’ll build your Spanish vocabulary in these areas as well as learn useful phrases for ordering and inquiring about food at restaurants. We’ll discuss how to use both formal and informal commands, how to make requests, suggestions, and polite refusals using the subjunctive tense, as well as some useful expressions when going out in public. We’ll also interact with a local Mexican restaurant owner from Davis, CA in the Perspectivas section.
- Module 2: Talking About Clothing and Fashion
- In this module, you'll learn to talk about clothing and fashion in basic conversations. In the Gramática section, we'll spend a lot of time going over various uses of the subjunctive - wishes, fears, hopes, doubts, comments, and opinions; the subjunctive is very useful. Finally, you'll be introduced to Melissa, a Chicana UC Davis student, who is selecting clothing for an upcoming interview in the Perspectivas section.
- Module 3: Talking About Careers and Professions
- In this module, you'll learn to talk about careers and professions. You'll learn a lot of vocabulary related to this topic in the module, including a myriad of common professions. In the Gramática section you'll learn several ways to discuss probable events and making requests using conditional and future tenses. In the Perspectivas section, you'll hear from Cindy, a young educational assistant about her plans to pursue a teaching credential and become a full-time teacher at the elementary school level.