Skip to content
Outbreaks and Epidemics
- Identifying and Investigating Outbreaks: The Basics
- In this module we're going to be talking about outbreaks. All the way through identifying the pathogens and figuring out what's going on to reporting and responding to the outbreak. In doing so we're going to learn several important epidemiological concepts.
- Weighing Evidence and Identifying Causes
- In this module, we'll be learning about how to ask precise epidemiologic questions and how to investigate these using important tools.
- The Terrible Law: Basic Epidemic Dynamics
- In this module, we'll be talking about basic epidemic dynamics and the terrible law that causes epidemics to grow, and the reasons why epidemics recede and eventually go away
- Case Studies in Outbreaks and Epidemics: From Ebola to Overdose
- In this module, we're going to take a deep dive in some outbreaks from Ebola, in West Africa, to the opioid epidemic in the United States.