Operations Systems Excellence
- Week 1: What is operations excellence?
- This week we will explore and define the meaning of operations management using case studies and introduce some simple tools to help us identify the fundamental types of operations.
- Week 2: Operations strategy for excellence
- Week 3: Process design for excellence
- This topic examines the focus of operations on the need to think in terms of processes. We examine the Hayes and Wheelwright typology of process types, which enables us to think clearly about what differentiates different approaches to processes and their design. We explore research and ideas underpinning process design to gain a grounded sense of operations management and what this means in practice.