Nuts and Bolts of U.S. Immigration Law
- Introduction to Nuts and Bolts of U.S. Immigration Law
- Welcome to this course on U.S. Immigration Law! In this introductory module, we will discuss short term entry in the United States. This will include a discussion about the various means of short term entry and the general application process. We will also cover the fundamentals of student visas, work visas, and humanitarian visas.
- Long Term Entry
- This module explores entering the United States as a lawful permanent resident. We will start by discussing the difference between short term entry and long term entry. Then, we will discuss the various ways to obtain lawful permanent resident status. This includes family petitions, self petitions, employer based petitions, asylum petitions, special immigrant juvenile status, and the diversity visa program.
- Exclusion and Deportation
- This module covers exclusion and deportation in the United States. First, we will explore how and why individuals may be excluded or not admitted into the United States. Then, we will discuss possible reasons for deportation or removal.
- In this module, we will discuss how to become a United States citizen. We will start by discussing how to gain U.S. citizenship. We will then cover the various requirements for naturalization. Finally, we will explore the naturalization process.