New Models of Business in Society
- Business in Society: The Problem
- We will begin the course learning the dominant story of business and discussing the four flaws in the dominant story. We will learn about the global financial crisis and how a new story is now emerging.
- Corporate Philanthropy and Corporate Social Responsibility
- In our second module, we discuss both the histories and current issues surrounding corporate philanthropy, corporate social responsibility, and the environmental crisis.
- Creating Value for Stakeholders
- In our third module, we look at the stakeholder approach to business, it's purpose and what it looks like to create value for stakeholders.
- Becoming a Stakeholder Entrepreneur
- We close the course by learning how to become a stakeholder entrepreneur by discussing specific examples. This module concludes with an opportunity for what your next steps might be as a stakeholder entrepreneur.