Negotiating Learner Differences: Towards Productive Diversity in Learning
- COURSE ORIENTATION + Learner Differences
- This opening module gets participants started in the course, and introduces some key ideas about the social context of learner differences.
- Diversity in US Education and Differences in Theory
- In this module, we examine some specifics of learner diversity in the US context, then some general concepts in a theory of learner differences.
- Should Education be a Right?
- In this module, we focus on the US case, first with an historical analysis of the emergence of public education, then with a case study of Asian Americans.
- Postcolonial Theory and Education + The Inclusive School
- This final module in the course takes an international perspective on issues of social diversity and learning, then addresses the agenda of developing an inclusive education.