Mobile VR App Development with Unity
- Get Ready, Get Set, Go!
- To get started, we'll get you set up to develop in VR with Unity. We'll show you around the courseware that will be the basis for your project work throughout the course. Later in the week, we'll begin on project work in the Unity editor.
- Module 2 - Working with Mobile VR in Unity
- Tracking, tracking, tracking! This week will be all about tracking. We'll look at headset and controller tracking, and we'll talk about what to do when tracking is lost. We'll also walk you through the Unity core APIs related to XR functionality. The project work will culminate with you using a Tracked Pose Driver to wire up a sword fight in the VR Campus, which you will then submit for a Peer Review.
- Module 3 - Interaction and Locomotion
- This week you'll learn how to allow your user to interact with objects in VR, and also how to move around within your scene. The project work will involve you wiring up a laser gun, basic teleportation, and grab and throw interactions. We'll also talk about how to avoid causing nausea and dizziness for your user. At the end of the module, you'll submit your project work for a peer review.
- Module 4 - VR UX with the Unity API
- This week, we'll look at user experience and user interaction in VR. We'll learn how to attach objects to the user's headset and controller, and see why certain types of UI don't work as well in VR. In the project work, you'll work with Unity Canvases and you'll wire up code to allow the user to grab an object and move it along with the controller. Then you'll wire up the "puncher" to hit the robots as your final project for the VR Campus, which will be submitted for peer review.