This course is designed for anyone who wants to learn how to mix the perfect shade in watercolor quickly and easily every time. Whether you are just starting to use watercolor, or you can already paint flat washes like a PRO, you'll learn tips and tricks that will show you how simple it is to put the color you imagine right onto the page.
We will start at the very beginning and move on to all of the techniques that can help you create beautiful paintings. Whether you like painting flowers, animals, buildings, or portraits, by the end of this course, you will have new skills that will help you to choose just the right colors for your subjects!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Watercolors are such a joy to work with, but there is one big problem that many people run into. Just how do you mix all of these beautiful pans and tubes of color to make the image that you have in your mind? I will show you how to get to know your watercolors, explore them, and figure out color mixtures that you would never have attempted before.
- Assemble A Simple And Versatile Watercolor Palette
- Learn The Specific Qualities Of Your Watercolor Paints
- Create Your Own Color Wheel
- Make Resources That Will Continually Make Your Mixing Process Easier
- Combine Colors To Make Them As Vibrant As Possible Using Simple Color Theory
- Isolate Colors In An Image Or In Real Life In Order To Accurately Identify Them
- Put All Of This Information Together To Create A Beautiful Painting!
This course is meant to give you all of the knowledge you will need to start making new colors from the paints that you already have . Not only will you be able to mix the colors shown in this course, but you will be able to make any color that you can dream of on your own with these techniques!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
These are the tools that I recommend you use for this course. It's not necessary to get the exact same brands, or the exact same colors, but these are the ones that I have had the most success with.
- Watercolor Paper : I recommend a cold press paper because it is easier for colors to flow on this type of paper. My favorite is Fabriano Artistico 300gsm
- Watercolor Paint : I recommend a single pigment combination of warm and cool blue, warm and cool red, and warm and cool yellow. See this document for my recommended colors.
- Watercolor Brushes: I recommend a synthetic flat and a synthetic round brush. My favorites are the DaVinci Cosmotop line and the ProArte Prolene Plus line.
ARE YOU READY? LET'S GO!
I am so excited to get started, and I can't wait to see the beautiful things you will make in your class project!
The music in this course is Lee Rosevere's "Tech Toys," through creative commons license.
The emoji featured in the end is used from Emoji One through creative commons license.