Skip to content
Mastering Final Cut Pro
- Introduction, Import and Organize
- In this first module, we will learn the basics of navigating the Final Cut Pro X (FCPX) interface, importing media, and getting it organized and ready to edit.
- Video Editing
- In this module, we will learn how to edit a rough cut quickly and efficiently in FCPX. We will also cover how to begin refining your rough cut.
- Audio Editing
- In this module, we will discuss all things audio including creating a simple mix, adding effects to improve challenging audio issues, and adding voice-overs.
- Transitions, Effects and Transforming
- In this module we will add and manipulate transitions, add both practical and creative effects to our clips, and learn about adjusting transform properties.
- Titles and Motion Graphics
- In this module, we will learn how to add dynamic titles to our projects and even take a peek at FCPX’s sibling software, Motion.
- Color Correction
- In this module we will dig into color correction, learning how to read video scopes to assess an images’ needs and then how to alter clips for both practical and creative purposes.
- Media Management, Exporting and Interoperability
- Nearing the end of the workflow, we will look at all the different ways to get your project out of FCPX, from sharing to social media to exporting master files to your hard drive to sharing active projects with fellow editors.
- 360 Video
- In this module, we will explore FCPX’s 360-degree video capabilities. We’re learn important concepts of 360-video, how to set up a timeline and some unique effects and transitions for 360-media.