Skip to content
Managing Linux Systems
- Configure Network Connections
- In this module, we look at how we can connect Linux computers together. We start by looking at Linux network configuration files. We then move to utilizing Linux command line tools to configure network connections. We will conclude the module by looking at both basic and advanced network troubleshooting.
- Administering Users and Groups
- In the second module of this course, we will look at how to manage users that are authorized to use the Linux system. We will group the users into administrative groups, so it is easier to manage the permissions for a set of users. We will look at how to configure the environment for each user. Lastly, we will look at how to interrogate information about users from the operating system.
- Manage Disk Storage
- In the third module of this course, we will learn how to manage devices available to the Linux system for long term storage. We start by looking at disk partitions and file systems. Next we think about how we mount file systems. Lastly, we look at how to monitor the file systems.
- Managing Software Packages
- In the fourth module of this course, we learn how to install application software on a Linux system. We will start with a look at downloading tar files and compiling them. We will follow up with thinking about software repositories. Lastly, we will look at installing and updating software packages from the repositories.