Information represented, accessible, or stored in a variety of media and formats that helps learning are Learning Resource Materials. It includes books, electronic & printed journals, web resources, audio visual materials, social media, learning objects and newspapers, databases, digital and printed archives & special collections. That is, it is a collection of information stored in a way that facilitates learning. Managing these learning resources at different levels needs to consider various parameters such as proper planning, organization, technology etc. to support principles of resource based teaching and learning. These parameters are very crucial to consider in the initial decisions on learning resources management; otherwise, one cannot expect to get utilized fully these resources. But the creating such a vast learning resources needs investment. To maximize utilization of resources with minimum investment, one needs to follow thoughtful and skilled management strategy. Managing such type of resources is an ongoing process which varies from one part to another but all designated people have to play a major role in managing these resources. Whole process can be classified into four categories and they are (a) acquisition which includes budgeting, purchasing, and binding (b) organization and maintenance which includes cataloguing and processing, accessing; intellectual, physical, digital and assessing, (c) circulation that considers automation and security and (d) promotion.
Module 1: Learning Resources Materials:
- What are the different type of resources,
- The different classifications of resources,
- What are the open sources of resources,
- Copyright act
Module 2: Principle of learning resources
- Principle of selection of resource materials,
- Principle of utilization of different learning resources,
- Consideration of learning resources,
- The mobilization of learning resources
Module 3: Organization and maintenance
- Planning, organizing, indexing, cataloguing, processing,
- The physical and digital assessing,
- Binding process of the materials.
Module 4: Financial management:
- Policies, Planning, proposal, budgeting, purchasing,
- Acquisition, accountability,
- Financial auditing,
Module 5: Circulation of learning resources:
- Processing, storing,
- Computer application security,
- Academic audit.
- Charging & Discharging
Module 6: Organisational Environment:
- Class room environment,
- Class room learning resources,
- Classification of underutilized resources,
- Disposal process of learning resources
Module 7: Distributed learning resources
- M.I.S. of learning resources.
- Inter-library loan,
Module 8: Human Resource Management
- Staffing, Controlling of staff, attitude
- Delegation of authorities.