Learning How To Learn for Youth
- What is Learning?
- In this module, we'll use metaphor and analogy to help you more easily understand key ideas about how your brain works. You will discover two modes of thinking—you can use these modes in different ways to improve your learning. We will also show you a powerful tool for tackling procrastination, give you some great memory tips, and point out why "sleeping on it" can be a good idea!
- Tips to Build Your Memory
- In this module, we explore the brain’s process for storing information in long-term memory in an easy to understand metaphor involving a school bag, a locker and an octopus. Then, we will talk about some of the best ways to access your brain’s most powerful long-term memory systems, like metaphor, recall, memory palace and rhyming.
- Brain Links and Study Tips
- In this module, we’re going to talk more about important ideas and techniques that will enhance your ability to learn. You’ll also discover how to avoid “information overload,” and how to recognize your own strengths. Fighter pilots and surgeons use checklists to help them with their critical duties—you can use a similar checklist to help you prepare for tests. Ultimately, you will learn more about the joys of living a life filled with learning!