Leading Diverse Teams & Organizations
In this new course, you'll gain evidence-based knowledge and practical tools to help you design and lead diverse, equitable, and inclusive (DEI) teams and organizations. You’ll better understand yourself and your personal identity in the workplace and gain new skills to identify privilege, implicit bias, and microaggressions in your organization and to take action as an active ally and change advocate. After hearing from experts representing a diverse array of real-world perspectives, you’ll understand best practices for equitable organizational processes and norms and inclusive behavioral practices in teams. Finally, you'll learn about best practices for organizational DEI strategy, including the role of metrics in DEI work and how DEI work can be integrated into the heart of an organization. At the end of the course, you’ll create a DEI action plan which you can apply to your own life and workplace.
Throughout the course, you'll:
- Describe the organizational benefits of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Identify the conditions under which diversity is most likely to benefit teams and organizations.
- Deepen your understanding of different demographic differences and how identity, implicit bias, and structural inequalities impact workplace dynamics.
- Identify best practices for equitable organizational processes and norms.
- Incorporate important considerations for how to lead inclusive teams, including conflict management skills, group decision making best practices, and emotion regulation.
- Gain tools for the implementation of DEI strategies in organizations, including the architecture of DEI groups, the role of data and metrics, and tools to integrate DEI into the very heart of an organization.