Leadership in Multinational, Cross-Cultural Teams
- Getting Started and What It Means To Lead
- In this module, you will be able to define how leadership can show up on a team and distinguish between leadership and management. You'll be able to name acts of leadership that can have influence without any formal authority. You will also be able to identify when one should lead and when to follow and you will be able to recognize the different leadership styles.
- Challenges That Arise From Cultural Expectation Of Leadership
- In this module, you will be able to discuss how culture and bias affects your vision of a leader and differentiate between hierarchical and flat leadership and the cultural expectations of those styles. You'll be able to recognize how power is demonstrated across cultures and identify the challenges of other sub-cultures within your team. You will be able to discuss how decisions are made in various cultures and be able to differentiate how leaders are viewed in various cultures.
- Becoming a Leader For Everyone
- In this module, you will be able to adapt your cultural style to build comfort and familiarity within your teams. You'll be able to recognize and change the narrative for cultural dissenters and be able to help others find the levers that work for them for cultural exchange. You will also be able to use strategies to create decision making norms for your team.
- Leading Towards the Future for Multinational, Cross-Cultural Teams
- In this module, you will be able to envision what a multinational, cross-cultural team will look like in the next 20+ years. You will be able to consider the factors on generational influence like age, global matters, climate, etc. in the future of multinational, cross-cultural teams and leadership. You will be able to anticipate how globalization, technology, economies, and environmental change can impact teamwork. You'll also be able to identify opportunities and challenges these changes will bring for the multinational, cross-cultural team leaders building this new future.