Information Technology (IT) is an essential tool that we cannot avoid as it plays an important role in our day to day life, especially in the present scenario. The course “IT Fundamentals” is based on the syllabus proposed under CBCS by UGC, for B.A. Programme with Computer Applications. This is one of the Core (DSC) course in the first semester of this UG programme. The course starts with the basic concept of Computers, Data representation, then goes through interfaces, devices, memory, architecture and extends up to the emerging technologies and the role of computers in education and research. The students of some other UG programmes like BSc. Honours Computer Science and B.Sc. Computer Science, B.Sc. Mathematics, B.Sc. Physics etc are also equally benefitted with the contents of this course.
The specific objectives of this course are:
1. To know the basics of computer fundamentals
2. Familiarize with the working principles of a computer
3. Learn the basic concept of data representation
4. Familiar with the various devices and interfaces
5. Understand the fundamentals of system architecture
6. To analyze the problem and developing algorithms and flow charts.
7. Familiarize the emerging trends in computer filed