Introduction to Reproduction
- Anatomy, Development, and Hormones
- This module focuses on learning, identifying, and labeling all parts of male and female reproductive anatomy and the function of hormones on development. COURSE GOAL 1: Students will be able to label and analyze the basic functionality of all parts of male and female reproductive anatomy, conceptualize the role of hormones in the interactions between the brain, pituitary, and reproductive tract, and examine the basic functionality of the hormones involved during development and puberty.
- Menstruation, Oocyte Maturation, and Sperm Activation
- This module articulates the hormonal implications of the menstruation cycle and sperm activation as it relates to both reproductive health and overall health. COURSE GOAL 2: Students will be able to conceptualize the hormonal implications of the menstruation cycle, oocyte maturation, and sperm activation as it relates to both reproductive health and overall health, analyze how the hormones of the pituitary relate to target tissues, examine the mechanisms behind oocyte maturation and meiosis, and illustrate how sperm development leads to modal function.
- Sex, Sexuality, and Contraception
- This module outlines the scientific foundations of contraception beyond social norms. COURSE GOAL 3: Students will be able to classify the scientific foundations of male and female sexual biology and contrast differing contraception options through the lens of reproductive function and beyond social norms.
- Reproductive Health Concerns
- This module spotlights the possibility of infertility in the human body and provides an in-depth understanding upon the biology behind infertility, endometriosis, reproductive diseases, and oncofertility. COURSE GOAL 4: Students will be able to identify the possible causes of infertility in the human body, analyze the effects of reproductive tract disorders, recognize the risks and symptoms of sexually transmitted diseases, and discuss the field of oncofertility in relation to sexual and holistic health.