Introduction to Intellectual Property
- Existing Intellectual Property Protection in the U.S.
- This module will introduce the concept of intellectual property and explain how it creates value. You will learn about the major forms of intellectual property protection in the United States - copyright, trademarks, and patents, as well as alternative forms of intellectual property protection.
- Philosophical and Economic Justifications of IP Rights
- Why have intellectual property protection at all? This module examines the effect of intellectual property law on the modern economy, and the policy reasons behind providing intellectual property protection.
- Alternatives to Intellectual Property Law
- Intellectual property law is ever-evolving as society's needs change. This module examines alternative forms of intellectual property protection, and explores the benefits and drawbacks of those alternatives.
- Case Studies in Intellectual Property
- This module takes an in-depth look at the intellectual property strategies of three major companies across three very different industries: Apple, General Motors, and Novartis.