Introduction to Front-end Development with ReactJS
- Introduction to Dynamic Web Content
- We look at the basic structure of a web application and how a web browser interacts with a web server. We explore the Request-Response Cycle that is the basis of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP).
- Installing Django on PythonAnywhere
- This walks through the installation steps for Django on PythonAnywhere. If you cannot use PythonAnywhere, you can also install Django locally and submit assignments your local computer for grading. Installing Django locally will be described in an upcoming lesson.
- Hypertext Markup Language (from WA4E Specialization)
- We briefly cover the basics of the HyperText Markup Language (HTML) that is the markup for web pages. For some students this material will be relatively easy and mostly review.
- Cascading Style Sheets (from WA4E Specialization)
- We briefly cover the basics of cascading Style Sheets (CSS) that allow us to style the markup for web pages. For some students this material will be relatively easy and mostly review.
- Introducing Structured Query Language (SQL)
- This is a quick look at databases in general and the basic operations (CRUD) in Structured Query Language (SQL). We don't go too far into SQL because we will be using Django's model capabilities to build the databases for our application. The primary goal is to examine how Django uses SQL.