Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks
- History of Cybersecurity
- This module will give you a brief overview of the history of cybersecurity. You will also learn key terms and roles in cybersecurity.
- A brief overview of types of actors and their motives
- This module will provide you with a brief overview of types of actors and their motives. You will also understand different types of attacks and their impact on an organization and individuals. You will also learn about tools that are available to you to assist in any cybersecurity investigation.
- An overview of key security concepts
- This module will describe various key security concepts that are important in any cybersecurity position. The CIA Triad will be further explained. You will also begin to learn the significance of incident response and frameworks around cybersecurity. Finally, you will get an overview of IT Governance best practices and compliance.
- An overview of key security tools
- In this module, you will be introduced to key security tools including firewalls, anti-virus and cryptography. You will explore penetration testing and digital forensics. You will learn where you can get resources on industry and current threats to assist in further research around cybersecurity.