Skip to content
- Introduction to Intelligent Machining
- The purpose of this module is to introduce the concepts related to intelligent machining paradigm. The key focus will be discussing two key components of intelligent machining, i.e., sensing and control.
- Sensors and Sensing Techniques
- The purpose of this module is to introduce spectrum of sensors used to implement intelligent machining. The module will also discuss the basics of signal processing and analysis techniques that has brought intelligent machining paradigm closer to industrial realization. Following issues pertaining to sensors and sensing techniques will be elaborated up: (1) Which sensors are to be used in each application? (2) How to acquire and process sensor signals?
- Process Control Strategies
- The purpose of this module is to introduce the concept of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) that co-ordinate the real-time control functions.
- Future Directions in Advanced Machining
- The purpose of this module is to introduce the background related to open architecture software systems to implement intelligent machining.